Living in Spain and bringing up a Spanglish family during the current 'crisis' and trying various ways to make some 'dinero'. Enjoying life in the sun, crafting and blogging as much as possible.

10 Jan 2013

Pebble Painter

A very talented friend transforms simple rocks and stones into amazing artwork.....you must check out her website


Painting Pet Portraits On Canvas, Slate, Rocks & Stones- Hand Painted Garden Art, Flowers, Butterflies, Scenery, Wildlife, Messages & More- All Hand Painted On Rocks!
All Rocks Are Sealed With Layers Of Weatherproof Varnish & Can Be Displayed Outside.
Acrylic Paintings On Canvas Also Available As Well As A Range Of Hand Painted Miniature Stone Cottages For Your Garden.


About the Painter


I started painting rocks about two years ago. I trained at the school of trial and error but I really enjoyed the simplicity of this artform.
All I needed was a rock & some acrylic paints!  I am not the most patient person and so quick drying acrylics were ideal for me.

It was when I was painting my very first rock,  I soon realised that the possibilities were endless and I couldnt wait do do another! Thats when it started....

I was then painting rocks in every spare minute. Learning and improving all the time yet enjoying each painting as much as the last.  I read books by other artists and was truly inspired.


I use ordinary river rocks that I find, or that I get them from a local garden centre.  I love that every rock is unique (some are already too beautiful to paint)

I now find myself scanning for rocks wherever I go, my friends, family and even my dog often bring me rocks they have found- this always makes my day - I am so easily pleased!

My 'very' understanding and supportive partner provided me with this 'den' in the back garden to paint from-!  I am so lucky- it is crammed with paints & rocks- I am suprised it hasn't sunk under the weight!


............After putting a few pictures of my painted rocks & pebbles online,
I started to get asked to paint rocks for other people. Wow! I was really flattered!

'Many thanks' to everyone who has encouraged me to take my hobby further- I LOVE it!
Painting rocks is my passion and it is very warming to have people appreciate your work. I get so absorbed in my paintings that I get quite attached to each rock and the pet that is painted on it!


Please contact me by email if I you would like me to paint for you
thankyou  -  pebblepainter@gmail.com
Have a great day!
Love Shelly x





No comments:

Post a Comment