Living in Spain and bringing up a Spanglish family during the current 'crisis' and trying various ways to make some 'dinero'. Enjoying life in the sun, crafting and blogging as much as possible.

13 Aug 2012

Galera Medieval Market

I wasnt really sure if I was going to try and get on Galera market this year or not. I havent done it before are visited it. I am so glad I did though as yesterday was probably the best market I have done in Spain so far. It was a lot better organised than the others (although Orce is well organised too). My space was there, a premade stall with lighting and shade, 2 tables and 2 chairs and my name already in the space (and numbered so that no other people can move your name so they get a better spot - which does tend to happen if you aren't one of the first there!). My stall frame just fitted inside the space perfectly.
Ramon came with me and he too really enjoyed the day/evening......plus we found €5 on the floor so that bought us a little snack in the evening.

The day started off slow with sales and we were doubtful that we would take much but by the end of the evening we were just so busy and things that I have been taking around with me for ages all seemed to sell!
In the end we nearly took as much as the Orce and Castillejar markets put together - will definitely do it again.

A big thank you to everyone that came along and said hello and supported us during the day/evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment