Living in Spain and bringing up a Spanglish family during the current 'crisis' and trying various ways to make some 'dinero'. Enjoying life in the sun, crafting and blogging as much as possible.

19 Mar 2012

Busy Week Ahead

My head is bursting with craft ideas and projects to start this week. I am totally inspired by my new collection of beads - what am I going to do with these???



I feel these will be used in many sewing projects, my ceramics and jewellery making - I am so excited to get out in the sun and be creative.

Friday last week, I had my first sewing lesson and I am now the proud owner of a Singer sewing machine (and I actually know how to use it!!!). The material and cottons are already calling. Maybe my first project is going to be covering my market stall - I want to make it look perfect for the medieval markets so maybe a medieval look but with a Dengra Designs twist!

Now I have my sewing machine, a fabulous selection of fabrics, embroidery skills and fabric paints I am ready to start the upcycling of a mountain of jeans, tee's, baby grows and shoes that I have been collecting for such projects.

This is one of the fat quarters I have brought from Dena Designs


Tomorrow is my ceramics class. I am in the middle of making a serviette holder in the shape of a peacock! which has just reminded me I better print out a picture of a peacock so I can get the paint colouring right!

Weds I am collecting a mountain of pie tins ready for next weeks mamoth bake! (the 'baking co-operative' has really taken off)

Thurs I have the morning to myself to indulge in any crafts I want. I am hoping the day might be sunny as I want to get up onto the roof terrace and plan my mosaic picture I am starting up there. There is a large wall there that needs something on it. Last year Mum painted a vase of flowers on it but it has won off now due to the weather. As I am making it for Mum and I have decided I want it to be in a theme she would like - so I have chosen 'Greece' and I am hoping to recreate a view of the sea from out of a window (on a Greek island somewhere!). This is going to be a BIG project to get my teeth into.

Friday morning is my first crochet lesson! I am really excited about this! I have picked up some gorgeous rainbow wool and looking forward to being a 'newbie hooker'

What a busy week!........bring it on

No comments:

Post a Comment