Living in Spain and bringing up a Spanglish family during the current 'crisis' and trying various ways to make some 'dinero'. Enjoying life in the sun, crafting and blogging as much as possible.

1 Aug 2011

Medieval market Orce

There are various medieval markets throughout the summer but the one 'not to be missed' is the one in Orce.
I remember visiting it a few years back and saying to a friend 'one day I am going to be on here selling my crafts!'......he replied 'yes I am sure one day you will' - the following year I had plucked up the courage and tested my limited Spanish (at the time) and popped into to speak to the event organiser.
Before I knew it, I was paying my deposit to secure my spot and that was that!.

And I have taken part it in every year since! I absolutely love the whole day. There is such a fantastic vibe, the fellow sellers are all really nice and there are so many talented people that sell there from all over Spain - it is very inspiring. The day is accompanied by really good street entertainment, jugglers, stilt walkers, music, everything you can imagine.

Here are some of my pictures. I got a fabulous spot this year that went straight into the shade so it wasnt too hot and right outside the bank so many people were coming past the go to the cash point!

My Stall








No comments:

Post a Comment